Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Kristoffer talks about Europeans, Nordics and his future

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
siberia82

siberia82

Female
Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2010-11-21

Kristoffer talks about Europeans, Nordics and his future Empty
PostSubject: Kristoffer talks about Europeans, Nordics and his future   Kristoffer talks about Europeans, Nordics and his future EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 8:50 pm

Kristoffer updated his blog earlier today! Very Happy It includes a really cool photo of him in his MJ costume Cool , and the photographer is actually the same as in the "Isens ensamhet" article (I recognize the name).

http://www.landvetterkk.com/Kristoffer/My_thoughts/Entries/2011/3/8_Europeans%2C_the_Nordics_and_the_Future.html
Back to top Go down
siberia82

siberia82

Female

PostSubject: Re: Kristoffer talks about Europeans, Nordics and his future   Kristoffer talks about Europeans, Nordics and his future EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 11:14 pm

He just announced on a Sveriges Radio interview that he will retire after this season:

http://sverigesradio.se/sida/artikel.aspx?programid=179&artikel=4390787
Back to top Go down
siberia82

siberia82

Female

PostSubject: Re: Kristoffer talks about Europeans, Nordics and his future   Kristoffer talks about Europeans, Nordics and his future EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 9:00 am

Back to top Go down
vaapukka

vaapukka

Female
Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2009-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Kristoffer talks about Europeans, Nordics and his future   Kristoffer talks about Europeans, Nordics and his future EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 1:56 pm

siberia82 wrote:
It includes a really cool photo of him in his MJ costume Cool

That is a great picture!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
siberia82

siberia82

Female

PostSubject: Re: Kristoffer talks about Europeans, Nordics and his future   Kristoffer talks about Europeans, Nordics and his future EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 11:04 am

Vaapukka, in case you haven't seen them already, I've recently shared a few montages of Kristoffer as a way to pay tribute to his career (scroll down the page to find the links). I'm sure you'll like them! Smile

https://kristofferberntsson.forumotion.com/t2-videos
Back to top Go down
siberia82

siberia82

Female

PostSubject: Re: Kristoffer talks about Europeans, Nordics and his future   Kristoffer talks about Europeans, Nordics and his future EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 11:21 am

AbsoluteSkating.com just published an interview with Kristoffer earlier this morning:

http://www.absoluteskating.com/index.php?cat=interviews&id=2011berntsson
Back to top Go down
siberia82

siberia82

Female

PostSubject: Re: Kristoffer talks about Europeans, Nordics and his future   Kristoffer talks about Europeans, Nordics and his future EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 4:20 pm

I managed to find someone who was willing to translate the radio interview:

siberia82 wrote:

http://sverigesradio.se/sida/artikel.aspx?programid=179&artikel=4390787

Kristoffer Berntsson quits

Interviewer: Figure skater Kristoffer Berntsson, who once placed number 9 in the world, is now looking at what could be the final competitions of his career. Kristoffer, please share your thoughts.

Koffe: It looks like this will be my final season and I won't try for any major championships next season. Consequently, this season will be the last where I train fully. This is how I feel right now.

Interviewer: What is behind your decision?

Koffe: A lot of things. I've had a very long career, I've been doing this for almost 24 years, and many things have happened in life, both in my private life, finishing school, etc., so this is a decision that just evolved naturally. Nothing specific brought it on.

Interviewer: But when next season rolls around, don't you think you'll get hungry again?

Koffe: (laughing) It's very possible! Of course, it's easy to sit here and say this while I'm still training every day, and I still have two competitions left in the season, a major gala in Stockholm, and so on. If I stop skating, it's quite possible the desire will return, I can't guarantee that it won't because I've never quit before. However, right now it feels like I've made my last effort.

Interviewer: If it turns out to be the case, do you look upon the 9th place at the World Championships as your crowning achievement or what are your criteria?

Koffe: Oh yes, it is without doubt my best performance, my best competition and my best placement! There are also many other things along the way that's been a lot of fun, all the things I've had a chance to experience, but yes, it is my most outstanding achievement.
Back to top Go down
siberia82

siberia82

Female

PostSubject: Re: Kristoffer talks about Europeans, Nordics and his future   Kristoffer talks about Europeans, Nordics and his future EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 9:21 am

Härryda-Posten.se posted an article on Koffe's retirement yesterday:

http://www.harrydaposten.se/nyhet_visa.asp?id=887&sidnamn=Sport
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kristoffer talks about Europeans, Nordics and his future   Kristoffer talks about Europeans, Nordics and his future Empty

Back to top Go down

Kristoffer talks about Europeans, Nordics and his future
Page 1 of 1