HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Another newbie joined

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Brigi

Female
Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2008-06-25

PostSubject: Another newbie joined   Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:10 pm

Hi everyone!

I saw over at AS that this fabulous new forum was created for Kristoffer's fans, and I knew I had to join!

My name is Brigi, I'm from Hungary and I'm 24 years old. I'm a late fan of figure skating, I only started to like it and get interested in it after the 2006 Olympics. I like the men the most, but ice dance surely comes close. Wink

My favorite skaters are Johnny Weir and Evan Lysacek, I really have a tender fondness to these cute American boys. Cool I adore Patrick Chan too for his beautiful skating style, but I have many other favorites too. Kristoffer is surely one of them, he is such an entertaining skater and personality, so unique! I also like his friendship with Tomas Verner - another skater I truly admire! I love Kevin van der Perren and Stephane Lambiel too, hehe, as you see, I love most of the top boys, but Johnny is my one true love that stands out. Love

In dance, I have a lot of favorites too: Jana Khokhlova & Sergei Novitski, Federica Faiella & Massimo Scali, Nathalie Pechalat & Fabian Bourzat, Anna Cappellini & Luca Lanotte, Alexandra & Roman Zaretski, Sinead & John Kerr.

At my current jub, I work as a sales assistant, but my original job would be teacher & translator for German language. My hobbies are reading, listening to music, traveling, practice skating on my own, writing (avid fan fiction fan here too!), and doing a little graphic design, that mostly means avatar making and website layouts.

Feel free to ask questions if I left out something important! Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://johnnyweir.extra.hu
Ghanima

Female
Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2008-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Another newbie joined   Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:19 pm

Once again nice to meet you Smile

Sinead & John Kerr... from all dancers who now compete, I like them most Smile
but I still cannot forget Anissina & Peizerat, Drobiazko & Vanagas, Lobacheva & Averbukh and Denkova & Staviyski. Nora Hoffman & Atilla Elek were also one of my favourites, and I still cannot understand why they stopped skating together Sad (Maybe you as a Hungarian know more about this matter?)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brigi

Female

PostSubject: Re: Another newbie joined   Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:27 pm

Ghanima wrote:
Nora Hoffman & Atilla Elek were also one of my favourites, and I still cannot understand why they stopped skating together Sad (Maybe you as a Hungarian know more about this matter?)

Awww, I liked them too. Sad

Well, rumor has it that when Attila got injured last year at Warsaw and had to stay off the ice, Nora started to "shop around" for new possibilities and new dance partners. Apparently, Attila had no clue about what was going on behind his back and had to find out everything by a figure skating message board on the internet... It must have been a quite strange way of parting as Nora gave interviews about the whole matter in a quite questionable manner. Like, when Attila teamed up temporarly with Galler-Rabinowitz from the US, Nora told newspapers that Attila only agreed to that partnership because the girl's parents agreed to take all the expenses of their skating, while, according to Attila, there was no truth to this statement at all - and things like that.

So, basically, I think it was something that was already coming along the way but Nora's secret search for a new partner gave the final blow to the whole thing. Sad
Back to top Go down
Ghanima

Female
Number of posts : 38

PostSubject: Re: Another newbie joined   Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:32 pm

Well... I can't imagine skating with someone who I am in a conflict with. And if they are doing such things the conflict must have been quite big...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brigi

Female

PostSubject: Re: Another newbie joined   Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:34 pm

Ghanima wrote:
Well... I can't imagine skating with someone who I am in a conflict with. And if they are doing such things the conflict must have been quite big...

Probably. But they were skating together ever since they were small children, so... many thought there still might be a chemistry between them.

Anyway, I wish them both luck in their future carriers! flower
Back to top Go down
SkaTeR_Pln

Female
Number of posts : 37

PostSubject: Re: Another newbie joined   Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:50 pm

Hello Brigi, welcome here and nice to meet you! wave3
I was reading your writing and i noticed something in there. Is your orginal job "teacher & translator"? Whow!
I will study English language at university and i think to do that job too! My goal is being a teacher at the university. And if i can't manage it, i will do translates too. Is that job easy? Or can you give some infos to me about that? flower
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Avi
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Another newbie joined   Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:35 am

Hey Brigi!!! welcome2 on the board!!! Nice to meet you!!!Very Happy I can see that "adveritsement" on AS is working!Wink
Finally someone more who likes Johnny!Wink Although I mainly support Kristoffer and Brian but I like also Johnny!Very Happy I also like Tomas and Kevin as well!Very Happy Exactly I like all skater (some less some more) cause I think they all deserve on respect cause they all do a great job!Smile If it's going about dancing pairs.....I simply love Kerrs too for theirs innovative programs!Smile
Brigi, feel free to create your favourite skaters topics in the part called "general skating"!Smile
Once again welcome2 on the board and enjoy your time here!Smile

~~Iwona~~
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://kristofferberntsson.forumotion.com
krawiec

Number of posts : 30

PostSubject: Re: Another newbie joined   Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:37 am

hey Brigi Exclamation nice see you here on the board. I see that we have many people here who study language Very Happy You like Johny Suspect maybe I don't say nothing about him... I'm not his big admirer
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brigi

Female

PostSubject: Re: Another newbie joined   Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:01 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone!

SkaTeR_Pln wrote:
I will study English language at university and i think to do that job too! My goal is being a teacher at the university. And if i can't manage it, i will do translates too. Is that job easy? Or can you give some infos to me about that? flower

Well, if I'd work in my profession, I'd do written translations, no oral translations directly. Both have advantages and disadvantages and I think both are equally hard to do properly. When somebody speaks and you have to translate for that person directly after the speech, it's incredibly stressful to use the right words and expressions without any thinking. But there are people who still prefer this way. Since I'm rather a shy person myself, doing translations in written format is so much more fitting for me - I don't like to get into the center of attention. Wink It's hard too, it takes such a long time to perfect the manuscript, be true to the original text and have it still done properly. But your English is superb, I think you will do great if you have the right approach and study well! Smile

Avi wrote:
Finally someone more who likes Johnny!Wink Although I mainly support Kristoffer and Brian but I like also Johnny!Very Happy

Wheeee! wave1

Avi wrote:
Exactly I like all skater (some less some more) cause I think they all deserve on respect cause they all do a great job!Smile

ITA. I think that's the same reason I developed such a fondness to so many skaters! homage

krawiec wrote:
You like Johny Suspect maybe I don't say nothing about him... I'm not his big admirer

Oooch
But... he is so adorable and such a kind person. Sad
Back to top Go down
Avi
Admin

Female

PostSubject: Re: Another newbie joined   Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:02 pm

Brigi wrote:

krawiec wrote:
You like Johny Suspect maybe I don't say nothing about him... I'm not his big admirer

Oooch
But... he is so adorable and such a kind person. Sad

Oooh don't worry, Brigi! Since I know Krawiec (about 1,5 year), we always argue about Johnny! lol! lol! lol! But I like her sooooooooooooooooooooo much!Very Happy hug (I have no other choice, I have to like my Grey Eminence Wink joke Wink) But anyway I think figure skating should connecting people! The diversity and various opinions that's sth good cause world would be boring if everyone thought the same!Razz Who could I argue with?! lol! lol! lol!

Anyway the most important is that we are here cause we all support Kristoffer!!! Saturday Night Fever Sweden1

~~Iwona~~
Back to top Go down
SkaTeR_Pln

Female
Number of posts : 37

PostSubject: Re: Another newbie joined   Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:21 am

Thank you so much for the infos about the job! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
krawiec

Number of posts : 30

PostSubject: Re: Another newbie joined   Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:19 am

I'm definitely not the biggest admirer of John. I don't like his style skating but I know that without him ice skating would be lose somethnig. I have realy good fun when I see his programs lol! lol! and smetimes we argue about Johny but it' nothing wrong. Like wrote Avi if everybody have the same opinion it would be boring. because of that we have more talking point :afro:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Paige

Female
Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2008-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Another newbie joined   Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:53 am

i had a very bad opinion about Johnny before i saw him last december in Torino at the GPF. but in Torino i completely changed my mind. i think his skating has a totally different influence on TV and in live. he is still not a favourite for me, but now i can enjoy his skating and usually i find it funny.
and of course all the skaters deserve big respect for their work. i know this very well especially since i started to skate ...i had to realize that skating is very difficult and skaters must be very hard-working to be so relaxed on the ice.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brigi

Female

PostSubject: Re: Another newbie joined   Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:16 pm

You're welcome, Pelin!

I'm puzzled by all the negativity against Johnny. Like he did anything that deserved all the "bad opinions"... confused
Back to top Go down
Avi
Admin

Female

PostSubject: Re: Another newbie joined   Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:49 pm

Brigi wrote:

I'm puzzled by all the negativity against Johnny. Like he did anything that deserved all the "bad opinions"... confused

Brigi as I told, don't worry! Same as not everyone likes Brian, Stephane, Tomas, Evan, Jeffrey etc, same there are some people who don't like Johnny! That's sth normal. If there are some people who like you, there need to be also some who hate you. And that's sth natural. Anyway it would be a bit boring if everyone enjoyed the same.
And girls haven't told anything really bad about Johnny....only Krawiec told that she doesn't like him....but she hasn't offend him and everyone can express his own opinion! You know, you can't force anyone to like sb/sth. (Shame cause I would force some of my friends to stop supporting Cristiano Ronaldo lol! lol! lol! of course joke Wink) Anyway I think that diversity of opinions that's sth fine......until it doesn't get to extremes.

~~Iwona~~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another newbie joined   

Back to top Go down

Another newbie joined
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1